For Professional Advisors
The Community Foundation offers advice and tools to help you, as estate planning advisors, to enhance and personalize the service you provide to your clients. Whatever your clients’ charitable objectives may be, the Community Foundation is an appropriate vehicle by which to attain them.
Following are some advantages to using the Community Foundation that will be of particular interest to your clients:
Several charitable organizations or causes can be provided for with a single gift.
- The donor can specify a cause without having to name a particular organization.
- During the donor’s lifetime, he/she can alter the charitable purposes of the gift.
- The donor can rest assured that the fund will be professionally managed even if the designated beneficiary may not have financial expertise.
- The donor can be confident that after his/her lifetime, his/her specified cause or organization will be appropriately varied if it ceases to be viable or to serve a useful purpose.
- The donor can rest assured that the fund will remain intact in perpetuity.
- The donor can remain anonymous.
For more information on how we can assist you and your clients on charitable giving, please contact us at:
43 King Street West, Brockville, ON K6V 3R1