The Brockville and Area Community Foundation is still a modest foundation, and funds are limited, so grants are made based on the following general criteria:
Grants are made in all sectors:
- Arts & culture, children & youth, education, environment, health, heritage, recreation, social services, seniors and so on, unless a specific call for proposals has been made
- Grant proposals are welcomed from organizations in the preferred areas of: the City of Brockville, Town of Prescott, Athens, Front of Yonge Township, Elizabethtown-Kitley Township, Augusta Township and Edwardsburgh/Cardinal Township.
- Grants are generally under $5000 each, and generally for one year. Although we recognize the importance of day-to-day operating costs, at this time the Foundation makes grants for specific projects with a defined beginning and end, rather than contributing to operating costs or capital projects.
- The project must contribute to the quality of life in the community, and your proposal will explain how that is done by:
- explaining how you identified a need for your project
- describing who will be impacted by your project and how
- showing how your organization can carry out this project successfully
- Proposals will require a budget that shows clearly how the funding will be used.
- If your organization has received a grant in the last calendar year, you may apply again, but priority will be given to qualified projects from organizations who did not receive a grant in the previous year.
For more information on grant-making criteria, please contact the office.